Friday, May 7, 2010

A Week of Orlys! Orly Bon Bon + OPI Significant Other Color

Welcome to a week of Orlys! For the next seven days I'll be showing Orly Bon Bon and the Orly Sweet Collection.


I've been looking for a lovely light purple for a while now, but I haven't yet stumbled upon my perfect one. I've heard that Bon Bon is hard to wear, but I found it to be sheer, milky, and delicate. It definitely wasn't as unflattering on me as Orly Lollipop (which I will show you soon).


It did take longer to dry, as I think Orly polishes tend to, and because it was watery I did have some pooling around my cuticles. Unfortunately I did get some small dents hours after topping it with Seche Vite. I love the soft, squishy look it has, though. A lovely look for early spring, especially.


The other thing I felt was noteworthy was that this polish is ridiculously shiny! You know the shine polish has when it's freshly painted and extremely wet? Bon Bon keeps that same shine. I'd say the shine from it is comparable with that from my Seche Vite or Diamont topcoats, if not more so.


I wanted to do something to spice it up a little, but I couldn't decide what. I finally added two coats of OPI Significant Other Color to it, and it was completely transformed. The OPI is usually very sheer, too sheer for me to wear on its own because of the stains on my nails. However, over Bon Bon it became opaque and quite pretty. I am not usually drawn to this sort of finish, but I love the soft delicate purple so it was a fun experiment.


Until next time!

5 comments:

  1. I love, love, love lavenders and this one is perfect. :)
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have model ready hands!! That color combo is really chic and pretty on you!!
    Welcome to the world of blogging!! I will put you on my bloglist at:

    www.levernischocolat.blogspot.com

    Oh, and I'm following you too as apaige2u!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susie, thank you! I was craving a delicate lavender and this one was so soft and pretty. It's hard not to love!

    KarenD, thank you!

    Audrey, thanks so much! I'm very flattered. Love the name of your blog! I'm going to go check it out now. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Bon bn so much ! It's great on you, and it's very classy :)

    ReplyDelete