Friday, March 12, 2010

Revlon Valentine (slightly pic heavy)

I am officially banning myself from Rite-Aid. I happened to glance at their weekly specials and realized that nail polish was Buy One Get One 50% Off! with the exception of Revlon, which was Buy One Get One Free. Having the amazing willpower that I do, I only bought 6 bottles. When I went back (my vitamins were 50% off, I had to go back) I gave in and picked up two Revlons I had managed to avoid the day before. This, as you may have guessed, is Revlon Valentine.


Today's nails are inspired by my lust for Essie Lacy Not Racy. I love dark reds and purples, I have more of them than any other.


Revlon Valentine is one of my new favorite reds. On my color wheel it looked like a jelly but I think semi-jelly is more appropriate. At three coats it is opaque with very slight visible nail line if you look carefully. Application was exceptional. The polish was thin but went on without streaks (!!), very smooth and jellyish.

I used a pattern from Konad plate m78, shown without topcoat


Without flash, artificial light:

With flash:


Natural light:

Artificial light:

Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. your hands and nails are truly beautiful. this color and konadicure works especially well with your skintone!!! <3

    ReplyDelete