Thursday, April 8, 2010

Revisiting China Glaze Atlantis (Picture Heavy)

I finally got to try DV8, the first polish that really caught my eye in China Glaze's OMG collection. Amusingly enough, I acquired 5 other OMGs before this one, because blues and greens are not the easiest for me to wear with my skintone. DV8 is a beautiful aqua/teal color, and on me it tends to lean on the bluer side. As always, pictures are clickable.

With flash:

Artificial light:

Finally, a little sunlight!

Sorry for the weird angle, but you can see more of the holo goodness here. Also taken in sunlight.

It wasn't bad, but was a tad too blue, so I added two coats of China Glaze Atlantis to it, and I LOVE it now. Because Atlantis is a jelly, you can still see a little of DV8's dimension through it. If I had layered it over a creme, I think it would have lost more of its depth.

Using my light box:

With flash:

Isn't it pretty?


I really love how these layered together. DV8's holo makes a fantastic base for Atlantis.

Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. DV8 makes me go completely gaga ! I love that polish soooo much !
    And i adore Atlantis too, one day i'll think of layering them too, the result is great !

    ReplyDelete